When you brew your coffee in the morning, don’t throw the coffee grounds, in fact, collect them and store in a jar.
Coffee grounds are recognized for their anti-aging properties, anti-inflammatory properties and it is a great exfoliator. Coffee is an antioxidant that helps tighten the skin and protects the skin from free radicals, help in reducing fine lines, uplift your face, and rejuvenate the skin cells. It protects the skin against free radicals and reduces the risk of skin cancer.
The caffeine present in the coffee boosts the appearance of your skin and keep it healthy. It helps in reducing dark spots, pigmentation, skin tan, and helps in making the skin brighter. Coffee is one solution for many skin problems.
It is exciting when you can get flawless skin right at your home, isn’t it?
Here, for you, is a complete DIY step-by-step coffee facial guide to get brighter and healthier-looking skin.
How To Coffee Facial At Home
Ingredients You Need To Do Coffee Facial!
- Coffee grounds
- Baking soda (If you don’t have aloe vera gel)
- Earth fuller (Multani Mitti)
- Sandalwood powder
- Massage cream or gel
- Lemon juice
- Vitamin E Capsules
Step 1: CLEANSING
Cleansing is the first step of a facial. It removes dirt, excess oil and other impurities, and cleanse the skin.
Before you start cleaning, you must clean your face with face wash.
How To Make Coffee Cleanser?
All you need for this simple cleansing method are coffee powder and aloe vera gel.
- Take one tablespoon of grounded coffee powder in a bowl.
- Add two tablespoons of aloe vera gel into it and mix both ingredients well.
Apply this cleanser on your face and massage it in a slow, light, circular motion for about two minutes. After two minutes, wash it off in normal water.
If you’re out of aloe vera gel you can use, lemon juice and half a tablespoon of baking soda as well.
Step 2: STEAMING
Steaming your skin opens your pores and removes dirt and soften your blackheads which then, are easier to remove. Do it with a steamer, but if you don’t have one you can do it, with this simple method:
How To Steam?
- Bring water to boil.
- Add essential oils to it. (If you don’t have any, just add tea bags to it)
- Drape a towel over your head that it drops down on both sides of your face, trapping the steam.
- Place your face close to the steaming water to feel it massaging your face, but not so close that your skin gets burned or you’re having trouble breathing fresh air.
- Steam your face for about five to eight minutes.
- With a blackhead remover and remove all blackheads and whiteheads.
- Wash your face with ice-cold water and spray some toner to close the open pores and to hydrate your skin.
Step 4: MASSAGING
After steaming, it is important to moisturize your skin.
How To Massage?
- Take a massage cream or gel.
- Massage your skin for at least 10 minutes until the cream gets absorbed in the skin completely.
Step 3: SCRUBBING
The next step is scrubbing. Scrubbing helps in making the skin smooth, soft and shiny by removing the dead skin cells and exfoliating the skin.
How To Make Coffee Scrub?
- In a bowl, take one tablespoon of sugar and one tablespoon of coffee.
- Add two tablespoons of coconut oil to dampen the mixture and stir them well.
- Add one Vitamin-E capsule in it.
- Now, gently scrub this mixture in a circular motion on your face for about 5-6 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, then wash it off with cold water.
This scrub will help in removing the dead cells from your skin, leaving it soft and glowing. This scrub will also help in getting rid of unwanted facial hair if you use this mixture once a week.
Step 5: FACE PACK/MASK
This step is for the face mask, you are just one step away from having that brighter and glowing skin. A face mask is the most crucial step in the process of a facial. Face masks help in hydrating the skin, removing dirt and make the overall appearance of the skin better.
How To Make Coffee Mask?
Here are a few coffee-based face masks!
Coffee And Honey Face Mask
- Add one tablespoon of coffee powder into a bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and mix it well with coffee.
- Apply the mask on your face.
- Let dry for fifteen minutes and rinse it off.
Honey contains moisturizing agents, that, when mixed with the coffee can keep your skin moisturized and glowing.
Coffee And Lemon Face Mask
- Take a tablespoon of finely ground coffee powder, add a few drops of lemon into it and form a fine paste.
- Apply this on your face and neck.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and wash rinse it off.
Lemon contains vitamin C which helps in removing excess dirt from the skin and makes your skin look cleaner and healthier.
Coffee And Milk Face Mask
- Mix a tablespoon of finely ground coffee powder and one tablespoon of milk, to get a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on your face and leave it for twenty minutes.
- After 20 minutes, rinse it off by gently rubbing it in slow, circular motion.
Milk contains certain agents that help in increasing the glow of your skin.
Coffee And Sandalwood Face Mask
- Take half a teaspoon of coffee grounds in a bowl.
- Add half a tablespoon of earth fuller powder.
- Now, add half a tablespoon of sandalwood powder.
- Add one tablespoon of milk and make a thick paste. (You can also use curd if you’re out of milk)
- Apply it on your face and keep it for about 15-20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, rinse your face, pat dry, and moisturize completely.
This is a wonderful DIY Coffee facial. It will make your skin clean, supple, and glowing. Try this facial twice a month and you can see a huge difference on your skin. It will be flawless and glowing.